Welcome to the website of the Portland Leather Alliance (PLA). PLA is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization formed in 1998, whose mission is focused on the education and awareness of alternative lifestyles. PLA serves the greater Portland metro area and SW Washington.
PLA's mission is to serve our community through its educational classes, workshops, social gatherings, discussion groups, and community outreach/support.
We participate and contribute back to our community through charitable events, with the proceeds going to groups such as Bradley Angle House, Leather Archives & Museum, Our House, Esthers Pantry, Cascades Aids Project, Planned Parenthood, Sexual Minority Youth Roundtable XXX (SMYRC), and more. These also include partnership and coordination with aligned organizations including Center for Sex Positive Culture, Oregon Leather Pride, and others.
Code of Conduct and Party Rules
Click here to view the Code of Conduct and Party Rules
The PLA hosts a variety of events each year ranging from Educational Workshops, and Charity Fundraisers, to our 3-Day Conference event known as KinkFest! Don't forget to check out the "Join PLA" section for information on how to join the PLA.
Online PLA Membership Sign-up and Update Tool!
Benefits of being a PLA member include:
- Discounts to monthly hands on, how to, workshops.
- Access to quarterly PLA members only Play Parties.
- Discount on registration for Kinkfest.
- 10% Discount at Spartacus.
- 15% Discount at Fantasy Video.
- Participation in the annual election of PLA Board Members.
You can now sign up to be a PLA Member Online using your debit/credit card. You will need to provide proof of your age at your first PLA event, so please remember to bring your photo ID with you. You can also update or renew your existing PLA Membership as well. You will need to know your password, which if you forgot you can reset from the same page. Check out the Join Page for more information.
Election for 2017-2018 Board
Portland Leather Alliance is the largest membership based BDSM organization in the Portland Metro Area but can't put on the events and workshops it does without it's dedicated volunteers. Since PLA is a volunteer based organization it needs the help of people from the community to help make all the events happen from the simplest monthly workshop, to the 3-day conference known as KinkFest.
Some ways to be involved:
- Provide Feedback! - PLA does everything it can put on the best events we can, but we can't make events better without feedback. We always welcome constructive feedback on events, processes, and of course ideas for new events. There are a few ways to give feedback to the PLA. A) Contact us directly though our website. B) Tell your local board members your thoughts so they can bring the ideas and feedback back to the rest of the board. C) Come to the board meetings and share your thoughts in person. This is the best way to get heard and have discussion about new ideas. PLA Board meetings are the first Tuesday of the month and open to everyone.
- Volunteer! - PLA needs help throughout the year from simple tasks like distributing flyers and promotional information to tasks like Dungeon Monitoring, and presenting at workshops. Anyone can volunteer to help PLA, and it is a great way to feel like a bigger part of the community, and meet new people. There is also something special about getting to stand back and look out at a group of Kinky friends all having fun and knowing that you were a part of making it happen.
- Take on an Official Role - besides all the board positions PLA has other roles that need full time volunteers through the year. These can be things such as volunteering on a committee, helping organize our storage, or distributing flyers. You don't need to be a board member to take a more active role in the organization, so if you have something you are skilled at and think that it could help PLA, feel free to contact us about it.
- Talk to others about PLA - If you like PLA events, tell others! PLA is committed to connecting to the local community. If you find people that don't know about PLA, or don't know how to contact PLA for get involved, share this information with them.
PDX Midnight Munch
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
11:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Click here for more details
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Click here for more details
Click here to view the PLA community calendar