KinkFest Code of Conduct
- Must be over 18 for entry
- When attendee video is active, nudity is prohibited
- Attendees may not record, copy, photograph, or take screenshots of workshop content or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Consent is the foundation of BDSM activities. You should receive informed, continuous, and enthusiastic consent between all players before and while engaging in play. Past consent does not indicate future consent. Negotiate in advance of playing and be prepared to not play if you're not compatible. You are not obligated to participate in any activity and you may leave a space/workshop at any time for any reason.
- You will see a wide variety of bodies, sexualities, and play at KinkFest. Do not shame others for these reasons. It's your responsibility to remove yourself if you don't enjoy seeing any particular play.
- There are many different types of people at KinkFest. Please be thoughtful when interacting with your fellow attendees and do not make assumptions around gender, roles, power dynamics or relationships. Treat all attendees equally; do not interact with others from an assumed power dynamic position.
- Prostitution, solicitation or negotiation for BDSM/kink services for consideration is not allowed.
- Please be kind, supportive and respectful to fellow attendees
Actions that can get you banned
- Broadcasting nudity, pornography.
- Racism, sexism, bigotry, trolling or toxic behavior. This includes any content that promotes, encourages or facilitates discrimination, harassment or violence based on ethnicity, race, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, body size, religion or nationality.
- Intimidation, harassment or threats of violence. This includes, but is not limited to: direct threats of harm (e.g. "I will..."), indirect threats of harm (e.g. "I hope you..."), stalking, unwelcome sexual attention, unsolicited nude image sharing, deadnaming, or misgendering.
- Sharing of sensitive or confidential information. This includes names, addresses, account identifiers, account information, passwords, credit card numbers, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. This also includes the public posting of private conversations.
- Prostitution, solicitation or negotiation for BDSM/kink services for consideration
I hereby agree to be bound by the terms of this Code of Conduct.
Portland Leather Alliance
VOLUNTARY WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
- I am freely and voluntarily choosing to attend and participate in this event and to view and/or participate in activities that I know are adult-oriented and sexually explicit. I am aware that such activities involve acts of domination, submission, bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism, power exchange between willing and consenting adults, masturbation, sex or sexual acts, and other explicit and/or extreme sexual fetishes including, but not limited to: spanking, paddling, whipping, piercing, knife or edge or blood play, humiliation, roleplay, suspension, fisting and other oral, vaginal and anal penetration. I understand that these activities involve certain risks and dangers, including the risk of serious injury or death. I voluntarily accept full responsibility for and agree to assume all risks involved.
- I understand that this event is a private event open only to those who have been approved by the Portland Leather Alliance (PLA). I further understand and agree that any goods or services I am acquiring from PLA are not necessarily services; they are for my own personal use only, and are used for leisure activities only. I agree to abide by and follow all the safety and use instructions.
- As consideration for my being permitted to participate in and/or attend this event, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify PLA, other participants, volunteers, presenters, and vendors from any and all claims, including claims based upon negligence, arising out of my participation, in and/or attendance at this event or any activities associated with this event. This agreement is also binding upon my family members, heirs, and executors.
- In the event of any litigation, dispute, or arbitration arising out of this agreement or my participation in and/or attendance at this event, I agree that the sole venue shall be litigation in Multnomah County, Oregon. Should any portion of this agreement be invalidated all remaining portions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- I understand that I will never solicit for prostitution nor consent to any form of payment for any acts done during a seminar, demonstration, meeting or gathering of any type sponsored by PLA and that I am aware that such solicitations and related activities are illegal under Oregon Prostitution and Solicitation Laws.
- I agree that I will not broadcast any nudity. Any member caught broadcasting nudity will be banned from further participation in both KinkFest and Joie De Vivre virtual events.
- I, the undersigned, have carefully read this document and fully understand its contents. I hereby certify that I am over 18 years of age, the name on my registration is my true and legal name, and that my signature below is my true legal name.
I hereby agree to be bound by the terms of this Voluntary Waiver and Release from Liability.